Sunday, October 8, 2017

ETIQUETTE QUESTION

I went to a brunch at a friend's home today.  It was a very nice affair.  I was invited to the brunch during a party a few weeks ago.  The couple insisted I attend their brunch.  They gave me the time and date and made me promise to attend.  They said I would get a follow up email.  This provided a very interesting etiquette dilemma for me.

I never got an email.  So do I go or not?  I sent a text that morning asking if it was still on.  No response.  I decided that I would go.  I took a bottle of booze and hiked up the hill.  I figure if it was cancelled, I would apologize.  If I was late, I would just blame my dogs.

What would you do?  What do the etiquette books say to do?  I have no idea.  It was a nice day and I wanted to go.

Half of the way to their home, I got a phone call from one of the hosts apologizing for not sending me an invite.  He said he knew he invited another person but could not remember who it was.  He said I showed initiative by coming.  He liked that.  I got there and had a fantastic time.  There was good food (actually some thing I could eat) and fun people.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!