Wednesday, March 15, 2017

WEIGHTED AVERAGE

I spent 30 minutes today trying to figure out how to get a weighted average.  I have someone who is working 32 hours regular time @ $24 per hour and 10 hours travel time @ $15 per hour.  I need to figure out the weighted average.  For the life of me I can't figure it out.  Now I realize I am no math wiz, I admit it.  I am not putting myself down, it is just a fact.  I barely passed algebra (and I can barely spell calculus) and forget geometry. Isosceles triangles.  Ugh.  Don't get me started on Chemistry.  I loved to mix the potions but the math work and the memorizing.  Not my thing.

Anyway, I can't figure this out for nothing.  I feel like I am back in high school taking one of those quizzes.  "If the Amtrak train from Boston to NYC is going 80 miles per hour to the south and the wind is going 30 miles per hour to the east, which way is the smoke blowing?"   Trick question: Amtrak trains on the NE corridor are electric!  

I need a math wiz to help me. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!