Wednesday, March 22, 2017

ANTS

Okay, if you get grossed out by things, stop reading now.


When I was a kid I watched this made for TV movie about people stuck on an island that was overrun by a colony of ants.   It is called Empire of the Ants. The ants killed almost everyone but the people who survived had to set the island on fire and jump in water with straws to breath through.  This movie scarred me for life.



I am not afraid of most things.  Ask anyone who knows me.  I am the one who kills (or saves) the spiders, bugs.  I have been the one who picks up the dead animals (mice, rats, etc.) and disposes of them.  I watch CSI and medical shows while I eat.  I am the person you want when you are in a hospital because I don't get queasy over this stuff.  In college I was the one holding back girls hair in the bathroom.  You get the drift.  I don't fluster easily.

Except for ants.  I hate ants.  They creep me out.  They give me nightmares.  That darn movie!   Over the past few days I have been seeing ants.  I don't like using DEET to kill things because of the bad things in it.  But ants will bring out the animal in me.  I could not be a Buddhist.

I saw a few ants.  I used the spray.  Then I saw a few more and I tried vinegar and water.  Then today I saw more ants by my water cooler.  A lot more.  I moved the water cooler and almost threw up.  I grabbed that DEET and sprayed like a mad woman.

There was thousands of ants and millions of eggs.  Oh my gosh it was gross.  I just sprayed until the can was empty and then I grabbed another can.  Ugh.  Then I had to clean it all up.  That was the worst.  I was worried that I had not killed it all so I put all the dead ants and eggs in a sealed plastic ziplock and that in a plastic bag.  Then I took a shower.  I felt like I had ants all over me.

It was so awful.  Just writing this creeps me out.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!