Sunday, July 12, 2015

VERY VEGAN LUNCH

I went to a vegan food festival today.  It was great! I was so overwhelmed but all the choices.  Normally I go to a restaurant and there are one maybe two choices for me to eat.  Today at the festival there were about 40 choices of food for me to eat.  I literally walked around in shock looking at all the different types of food.  Burmese, Thai, Korean Barbecue, Israeli, Italian, and a bunch of desserts.

The Thai noodle place seemed like something I could get easily anywhere, so I skipped it.  The Korean BBQ seemed too spicy, so I skipped it.  The pizza looked great but I wasn't in the mood for pizza.  It was a warm day and hot pizza seemed not very appealing.  The Burmese place was in the running but I didn't really want a salad and the other dish was super spicy.  That left the Israeli hummus place.  I was worried the hummus would be too garlicky but the man explained to me that in Israel they don't put garlic in the hummus.  I tried it and he was right.  I got the mushroom bowl.  It consisted of hummus, garbanzo beans, sauteed mushrooms, tahini and some spices on top.  Then some EVO on top of that.  It was served with some super good, warm homemade pita bread.  Yum!  I wore some of the EVO home on my pants but who cared!

Then I went over to the vegan cupcake girl and bought myself not one but two cupcakes.  Chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting and coconut cupcake with chocolate frosting.  I have not tried them yet but my mouth is watering just thinking about them.  I hear they are great.

I didn't get the vegan custard.  I don't know why.  They had all these custard sundays but none of them peaked my fancy.  I decided to go to the supermarket and get some mocha chip coconut ice cream and make my own sunday.

There was music playing at the park and the sun was out.  It was a nice afternoon.  Good food, good music, good weather.  What else could you ask for?

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!