Monday, July 6, 2015

NEW RA DOCTOR

In the new year I got a new RA doc.  I had heard all kinds of things about her; she was cold and not very warm and fuzzy.  She was the best RA doc around.  I had a grandmotherly type doctor so I had to go through and huge transition.  I was willing to give her a trial.  She is supposed to be the top of her field and some brilliant doctor.  I think that is physician speak for cold and unfeeling. 

The first meeting went well enough.  The second meeting was in the middle of an emotional time and she asked the right questions but was standoff-ish.  This was my third meeting with her and she came in the room with no file, no notepad, no iPad.  Okay, maybe that is her way.  She stood way across the room leaning on a counter.  She was only interested in whether I had decreased my prednisone.  When I told her I was still having an emotional time, she said okay but decrease soon.  Then she brought up taking another drug that I had stopped taking years ago: Plaquinel.  Then she offered to give me sleeping pills and anti-anxiety meds.  I explained that I do not like taking medications anymore than I have to.  Then we talked about my ankle surgery and she said once again that decreasing the prednisone would be helpful.  Then she said okay, well let me know how it goes and left the room.  No follow up appointment, no nothing.

It was the coldest doctor's appointment I have had in years.  Maybe she was off or maybe these are her true colors.  If this is how she really behaves, I'll take the second best RA doctor.  I want a human doctor rather than a perfect doctor. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!