Sunday, June 1, 2014

ORGANIZING HEALTHCARE STUFF

Over the past few days I started cleaning out my office. First I took our used batteries to the recycling spot. Then I took all my healthcare stuff and organized it. I don't know about you but I get authorizations for treatment, stsements that show how much the insurance company has paid, lab results, and various other correspondence.  I decided to organize this and put it all in a binder so I can find it if I need it.  

Now you might ask why would I want to keep it? I hear you. With a chronic disease it is quite useful to keep this information. Especially the labs. I go back and look to see if there have been changes. I sometimes catch things before my docs.  The statements help me at the end of the year with my taxes and also with my yearly co-pays.  I have found many mistakes with The-Insurance-Company-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.  Their accounting department sucks. In 2013 I met my $4,000 deductible in January.  In November of 2013 I was told I had not met my deductible for 2013. They are crazy! 

So I feel like I have accomplished something. My medical stuff is organized and in one place for a change. Now I need to figure out where to put the binder.  What do you do with your medical stuff? 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!