Wednesday, June 4, 2014

DOC RETIRING

Today I went to see my RA doc. The last time I saw her I was rushed to the emergency room. Since then I have had a CT scan, fractured my foot, another scan, colonoscopy, 2 x-rays, an MRI and RSD in my foot.  I have also had a flare. It has been a busy three months!

Then she dropped her bomb shell. She is retiring at the end of the year. I know doctors retire. I just was unprepared that she would retire so soon. She is quite young and vibrant but she had a challenging year with family and health issues.  I understand.  She said she would make sure I had a new doctor.  It is just unsettling.  When I told Brenda she asked me if I thought she would be my doctor forever.  Well, no. But I thought I would have more notice. Like when she was 75 or something!

Other news: the bathroom is complete!! We can move downstairs tomorrow!! Yay!!  I miss my bed.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!