Wednesday, December 4, 2013

R.I.P. HOT TUB

This afternoon I watch the deconstruction of the hot tub.  I have to say it was not in as bad shape as I suspected.  I really thought the whole inside was torn up but it was not as bad as I envisioned.

First the Eco Haul guys tried to demo the hot tub.


But that didn't work.  Then they decided to cut it in half.  But then they realized they would not be able to get it through the door.  So thirds it was.


When they turned it over guess what we found?  Spiders.  Not just regular spiders but Black Widows.  Tiny ones but poisonous ones none the less.  It is the legged thing above the big leaf.


Then they realized that thirds won't fit through the doorway and they couldn't lift the thirds anyway!  So, we cut some more.


That is when we started to see the critter homes and tunnels.  Like I said it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be.  The insulation was in better condition than I expected.  But below you will see where a critter had a tunnel built.


Here you will see where the critter had his or her home right near the warm motor. Oh, we found a rat.  I took a photo but it didn't come out.  He or she was quite dead.  I am sure he or she was not alone but we found one dead when they lifted the tub and he or she fell out.  (Better dead than alive, I say!)


Saying goodbye to the hot tub one last time.  It was in the truck going away to hot tub heaven or wherever hot tubs go when they get cut up and torn apart.  So sad to see it go!

You gave me many great soaks in your hot water and bubbles.  
You will be missed.  
R.I.P. hot tub.


Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Would love to hear what you have to say!