Monday, December 2, 2013

NEW FAVORITE LEFTOVER MEAL

A few weeks ago I was watching The Chew (you know that cooking/entertainment/artsy show on ABC) when this little kid who came on and shared his recipe. He took all the leftovers from his Thanksgiving meal and put them in a pie crust and baked it. At first I thought it might be gross but all the hosts on The Chew really liked it. When I bought our Thanksgiving ingredients I also bought a pie crust.



Today I decided to make the Thankgiving pie. First I had to make more gravy because I had moldy mushrooms on Thanksgiving and could not make enough gravy. Today when I made more gravy and I think I cracked the gravy code. I can't hover. I have to leave it alone. Let the liquid simmer away and it gets thick.  



I put in my pie: green beans with pomegranates, roasted potatoes and sweet potatoes, stuffing, and mushroom gravy. It is delicious! Like Thanksgiving in a pie!  It is my new favorite leftover meal.  (And my first pie!)



I made the appointment to have the hot tub picked up on Wednesday afternoon. Yeah! 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. OMG that sounds and LOOKS scrumptious, Adrienne! WOW. I'm gonna remember that come Christmas! What a great way to use up those leftovers!

    From the minds (and mouths) of babes. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!