Wednesday, December 25, 2013

CHRISTMAS EVE

It is Christmas Eve!  I am so done that I was bored and antsy today. I went to the post office twice today because Brenda's present was sent to the wrong post office. I finally got it 10 minutes before the post office closed. It really helps that I go to the post office a lot and everyone there knows me. They worked extra hard to find my package.

Then we had a neighbor come over to take our family photo. A little late this year. I think she was shocked by the chaos. Two dogs and a bird. The little dog barking and growling at the bird. Jumping up and biting his tail feathers. The big dog squirming to get down.  Brenda not happy about having to do the photo at all. The photo is for our annual family ornament. Every year since we have been together Brenda and I have a yearly ornament. Some times it has a photo and sometimes it just has our names. Since I was in a hurry I bought the ornament where I put in a photo.  Of course our friend canceled on Sunday. I was going to have her take the photo. Then I had to scramble to find someone else last minute. It turned out okay. The good thing is that the photo is so small it is forgiving!

Happi under the tree

Then we went last minute Christmas shopping. Brenda needed to get a few things.

Then I came home and printed the photo for the ornament and wrapped the presents.  After a quick rest, I started cooking. I made almost all the food for tomorrow. Stuffing, stuffed baked potatoes, mushroom gravy, and brussel sprouts. It is all in the fridge waiting to be warmed up tomorrow. I just have to crisp some polenta and I am set.

Decorations


People have been stopping by with baked goods. Usually it is just my two neighbors bringing cookies. I was worried that I should be bringing them something. I called my etiquette expert and she said since I threw the big holiday party people were bringing me baked goods to say thank you. Since I threw the party I don't have to bring them cookies. I didn't think so but I wanted to check.  I did bring cookies to a few people who missed the party.  I also brought them to a neighbor who brings me warm scones every Christmas morning. Isn't that amazing? Every Christmas morning on my doorstep I have warm baked goods!

I feel weird having nothing to do! I will have to get back to work on Thursday.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!