Wednesday, December 18, 2013

BUYING THINGS ON THE INTERNET

'Tis the season to buy random things on the internet.  I find myself buying things off websites I would not normally purchase off of.  Not that I am reckless and just buy off any website.  I am careful but I veer off the normal Amazon, Costco, Target, etc. websites.  I really like buying from small businesses.  Since I am a small business, I try to buy from small businesses.  I also like to Buy American.  Keep American businesses working!  We keep American workers working we fix the economy! 

Which makes me laugh.  During the Summer Olympics in London the Ralph Lauren Olympian designed clothes were made in China.  Big controversy!  Congress discussed it and everything.  Congress decided that the clothes worn by Olympians would be made in America from now on.  Yeah! 

For the Winter Olympics in Sochi the outfits the Olympians are wearing are made in America BUT the GO USA gloves for spectators are made in, wait for it, CHINA!  ABC News did an expose and they found an American company that can make the mittens in America for the same price. 

So, I am back to buying things on the internet on sites I would not normally be buying off of.  Carefully.  Buying presents on the web.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!