Friday, December 27, 2013

DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS SHOPPING? YEAH OR NAY

A lot of people I know love day after Christmas shopping. The sales, the bargains. Not me. The day after Christmas shopping is just like Black Friday shopping. Crazed shoppers willing to do anything for a bargain.  Even though I have to return two things, we are waiting a few days for the crowds to mellow. 

I usually send my packages by USPS.com. I have a scale at home and I print out the labels and drop the boxes off at the post office. It is really easy and quick. This year UPS and Fed Ex both had problems delivering all their deliveries.  I am surprised that the USPS is not using this opportunity to market themselves. We deliver on time through rain, sleet and snow! We got your packages there in time for Christmas. Another missed marketing opportunity.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Mr Wren is a retired mail-guy, so I'm partial to USPS--I know what their carriers have to do and how hard they work to get every single package and piece of mail to us on time and in good condition. It's odd, I think, that the media didn't--at least!--mention that the USPS DID get Christmas packages delivered on time when the private market carriers couldn't. But then, the USPS is still connected to the government, and maybe they can't do all that crowing. But you're right, Adrienne. They should!

    Glad you and Brenda had a happy Christmas. And same here--my sister was here visiting from Santa Fe, NM. It was SO nice to have some time with her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wren, Glad to hear you had a great Christmas. I have been watching lots of movies! Catching up!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!