Thursday, October 10, 2013

SHOT IN THE ANKLE (WITH ANESTHETIC)

Today I went to the ankle doctor and she immediately saw that my ankle was an issue.  Finally someone who believes me that I hurt myself when I fell on the cruise ship!  She said that right above my scar from the surgery I have another mark where I had a bruise.  I must have hit it really hard she said!  She said I must have irritated the nerve.  She did a tinel's sign which is a way to find irritated nerves.  Boy, were my nerves irritated!  I practically jumped off the table when she touched certain places.  The doctor touches (or in my case, sticks me with a pen) to see where the tingly and sharp painful spots are located.  Once they are located, she marks those spots with said pen and sticks those spots with a needle filled with stuff that numbs the nerve.  I was stuck four times.  Count it: four times.  It hurt more than the breast biopsy I had a few months ago.  Although the pain didn't last as long since the liquid had some sort of numbing agent in it.

I have nerve entrapment.  The nerves were traumatized when I hit the bucket on the cruise ship.  Since the spot near my scar is so tender, the nerve was possibly damaged but the doctor doesn't think so but we will wait and see.  She thinks it is more likely that I just banged it up a bit.  Since the nerve is not functioning right it can't send the right signals to my brain. 

The up side is that I feel better already.  The down side is that I will have to have this treatment about four more times.  Great!  Something to look forward to. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!