Tuesday, October 22, 2013

OREOS ADDICTIVE? SAY IT ISN'T SO!!

Okay, I don't do illegal drugs anymore. I don't drink alcohol anymore.  I don't smoke anymore.  I don't eat any meat products anymore.  I have never worn fur (oh wait, I think I had a white rabbit fur muff when I was a small child), okay haven't worn fur since then.  My one vice is Oreo cookies. I eat them a lot. I love them. Especially the Double Stuff Oreos; they are my favorite.

Now I found out Oreos are as addictive cocaine!  According to the article,  Rats find Oreos as addictive as Cocaine - an unusual research project, "rats formed an equally strong association between the pleasurable effects of eating Oreos and a specific environment as they did between cocaine or morphine and a specific environment."  Eating the Oreos activated the pleasure center part of the brain even more than drugs do.  

So basically, I am doing drugs again. Over-the-counter of the local supermarket drugs. Right there in the cookie aisle drugs. 

Does this mean I will have to go to Oreo rehab? Have an Oreo intervention by my friends and family?  Will I be tweaking for Oreo crumbs?  Have to wear an Oreo patch?  Attend to OA (Oreo-eaters Annonymous) meetings?  

Until this research is substantiated, I will continue my Oreo consumption addictive or not. I figure one vice is okay until my friends and family show up for an intervention, an Oreo intervention!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!