Sunday, October 27, 2013

FIRST BIKE RIDE

Today I went on my first bike ride since I bought my bike. Oh, I have taken my bike out and went down the street.  Today I went with my friends N and K to a place where the city had closed off the traffic so we could ride our bikes without any cars in the way.  It was nice and flat for the most part.  It was probably 10 blocks and I rode the whole way.  Once we got to the end, we met up with some of K and N's friends.  Then we walked back to a Vietnamese noodle place where I had some pho.
It was just what I needed.  The weather was supposed to be nice but it wasn't.  It was overcast, cold and windy.  I really needed to be wearing another layer and some gloves.  The pho was so hot that it warmed me from the inside.  After eating we saw some llamas.  It was so odd to see llamas standing on the street!  I don't know what they were doing there but they were adorable.


That was when the group split up and K and I pedaled back to the car.  I almost made it the whole way but one block short I had to walk.  My legs had enough!

When I got home I took a hot bath to soak my muscles and warm up.  It felt good.

I felt really good that I could keep up.  This was my first time biking for any length and I was worried I would get tired and not be able to keep up.  I think K and N are trying to get me to go on one of their long rides.  They just finished the Climate Ride on the east coast.  I think it was 5 days biking from Pennsylvania to Washington DC.  Not so sure I will be able to do that anytime soon!  One step at a time for me.  Let's get me up the hill to my house first!!!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!