Saturday, October 12, 2013

LAST TANGO IN HALIFAX

I have been watching this BBC/PBS series called "Last Tango in Halifax".  It is really very good.

 
It is a story about two older folks who are a widow and widower.  They were in grade school together.  I don't want to give anything away but the story unravels when their grandsons sign them up on something like Facebook.  They connect with each other and the story goes on from there.  It is based in the country side of England.

It is just a sweet story and the subplots are interesting enough to keep me interested. 

This is such a different type of story from the last series I watched on BBC, Broadchurch.  Broadchurch was such a good who-dunnit.  It is a story about a family who loses it's son when he is found dead.  It is a small town and the soon the fingers are pointing at everyone.  Who did it?  You won't find out until the end.

Just waiting until Downton Abbey!

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Wah! I just watched the last episode. :- ( I really liked the characters and story line and recognize the actors from other British programs. Remember Derek Jacobi from "I, Claudius"? He's an exceptional actor and plays such a down to earth, sweet dad in LTIH. I read there will be another series next season. I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I am home sick I am going to watch the final episode tomorrow. I thought this was such a cute series! I am happy to hear there will be more episodes.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!