Saturday, December 29, 2012

ZOKU HEAVEN

We made Zoku Popsicles tonight. It was really easy. Last night we put the Zoku in the freezer because it takes 24 hours for the machine to freeze. Then we put cranberry-cherry juice in the slots and let it freeze. The we put lemonade in the slots and let that freeze. Once it is all frozen, we used the tool to remove the ice pops. Since we don't have the Zoku storage holder yet, we wrapped them in Saran Wrap. We did eat one and it was good. We ended up making six pops since that was how many sticks we have. We are planning on buying the storage holder since that seems useful. Maybe for my birthday someone will buy me the accessory pack with the designs. I am sure if you have seen Zoku you have seen the pops with the lines and the faces. To do those tricks you need the accessory pack. I want to make sure I use it enough before I buy too much stuff.

My sister-in-law asked me what I thought about Zoku. Brenda and I had a lot of fun doing it. It is a lot of waiting time. When I do it again here's what I would do differently:

1) make sure the ingredients are chilled. The cranberry juice was room temp and that slowed the process because I was pouring something warm into something cold.
2) I would not stand and watch the pops freeze. It was tedious and boring. I would put a timer on and come back and check on the pops.
3) do some research and shopping. Although cranberry and lemonade was fun and tasty, there are so many fun things you can do with Zoku! My next try will be soy fudgesickles.

If you enjoy lots of Popsicles, I would say look into it. Brenda and I reminisced about our days when our mothers made the Popsicles with the Tupperware pop makers and Kool-aid. Those were the days!

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I love Dreyer's Fruit Bars, the ones with no sugar added, and generally go through a box a week. They're just 25 calories each, so I don't feel like I'm breaking the law if I have more than one in a day! The Zoku sounds like fun, and I bet those pops are delicious, too. I'd get one, but I haven't the freezer space just now. Definitely something I'll keep in mind, though, Adrienne. It's great that you got something for Christmas that you really love.
    ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!