Wednesday, December 26, 2012

PUFFY KNEE

I woke up with a swollen knee today. ugh. I went to my final physical therapy appointment and I didn't do any of the exercises that would irritate it. I rode the bike for only 5 minutes. Then my hips started getting sore. We spoke about my ski trip in a few months. I am forbidden to ski or ice skate but she said I I can snow shoe and inner tube. I can also sit by a fire and sip hot soy cocoa. I went home and rested until my rheuma appointment.

My rheuma doc was shocked that my knee was swollen. I rarely ever get any visible swelling. In fact she could not remember the last time I had a joint that was visibly swollen. My joints get red a hot but not too much actual swelling. She is putting me back on Plaquinel and we are hoping to taper me off Prednisone once my knee is better. We will see how that works out. I have wanted to decrease the Prednisone for years. I would love to be able to lose the steroid weight!

I spent the rest of the day on the couch with my knee propped on a pillow. I was very tired and napped the day away. I guess I am flaring pretty bad today. Tomorrow is another day! May it be flare-free.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!