Saturday, December 22, 2012

MY PRECIOUS, MY PRECIOUS

We had a fun time with my parents. First when they arrived my dad fixed my door handles on my French doors. The handles have been loose for months. So I am grateful that the handles are now fixed.

Then we jetted off to the movies to see The Hobbit. Since it was nice we decided to take public transportation. It was a bit tough on my knees.

The movie was okay. First there were at least nine previews. All but one of the previews was about the world ending. It was horribly depressing! Oblivion, The Croods, Pacific Rim, After Earth, Escape from Planet Earth and more. I know the two of these movies are animated but each of these movies has something to do about the world as we know it ending.

Finally the movie began. I am not always a fan of the 3D movie. The glasses get on my nerves. I wear prescription glasses so the double glasses are a pain. They slide down throughout the movie.

The 3D was not overdone which I appreciate. But the movie was 3 hours long. The beginning was a bit slow. I will admit I dozed a bit in the first third of the movie. It picked up as the story went along. Overall, I liked the movie. I didn't feel ill like some of the reviews reported. Once I woke up I was entertained. Oh, I was not the only person in the group, I won't name names, who napped also! It was either a slow beginning or we were all tired.

I also had a bout of restless legs syndrome occur in the first one-third of the movie. That is always tough. I can't get comfortable and I feel like I am annoying everyone around me.

My final review is if you love Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, you will probably like the movie. It is part one of the trilogy of Hobbit movies.

After the movie we went to eat at a Mediterranean restaurant. The food was good. I love me some falafel.

Now I am resting my knee and hips. My knee is swollen. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

Until tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!