Thursday, December 27, 2012

THANK YOU NOTES

I am very old school. I believe that if you are given a gift, you should thank the person with a note. A handwritten note. Not a text, not a tweet, not even an email (except in extreme situations). I believe a handwritten note shows that you took the time to appreciate the person and the gift.

I like to get the thank you notes completed as soon as possible after receiving the gift. Not that it is a task I want to get done as soon as possible but I want to complete the task while my excitement about the gift is still fresh in my mind. I enjoy writing how wonderful/useful the gift is.

I have a pet peeve about folks that don't say thank you at all. No note, no phone call, no email, no nothing. You never know if the present arrived at all. I guess that is why the USPS created delivery confirmation.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I agree! Although, I don't seem to get to writing the thank you notes as quickly as I'd like to. I take pictures of all the gifts and keep them on my phone so I can find, quickly, who gave us a particular gift in case my failing memory, fails me (as it is wont to do.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea to take photos. I usually make a list right a way so I don't forget.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!