Wednesday, December 5, 2012

NEIGHBORHOOD HOLIDAY PARTY

 Today was our neighborhood holiday party potluck.  As you may remember I am co-captain of our neighborhood watch.  The other co-captain hosted the party (he has the bigger house.) 

I decided to make Modern Cheese Balls.  That is what the recipe is called.  They are basically goat cheese rolled into balls and then rolled in various things.  The four things are chopped up wasabi peas, granola, ginger snaps and Parmesan cheese & fennel seeds. 


They were a hit.  Well, once people knew what they were they were a hit.  I should have made a sign.  I had to explain what they were to each person.  Once they tried the goat cheese balls, they loved them.  The wasabi ones were gone first.  Then the granola, then the Parmesan cheese.  This was a good thing to bring to a party for gluten free people.  I am not sure about the ginger snaps and the granola but the Parmesan and wasabi balls are gluten free. This was a really easy recipe to make, it was just a little bit time consuming.

The best thing at the party was a vegan, gluten free chocolate cake.  It was SO good, you would have never known it was vegan.  YUM!

I also got some positive comments on the Santa plate.  It is a cute plate that I think was my grandmothers. 

The party was a lot of fun.  I always have a good time with my neighbors.  We have a good group of people in our 'hood.  I also think I may have recruited a new book club member.  It is a new person in the neighborhood.  She seems real nice and she is interested in books. 

Don't forget to nominate me for 2012 WEGO Health Activist Unsung Hero Award!

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. That's so nice, Adrienne! In my neighborhood at home, we have a yearly neighborhood watch party in the summer, and it's always a good time. I never thought of having a holiday party for the neighborhood, but I really like the idea. Maybe when I'm back home I'll try organizing one. I'll bet a crowd would come!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!