Saturday, December 29, 2012

BREAST EXAM

I am waiting to get my favorite thing: my breast exam! My yearly deep mammogram. I am wearing my tiara. For those of you new to this blog, my friend gave my this tiara when I had a breast cancer scare a few years ago. I now wear it to all breast cancer appointments. I call it The Power of The Tiara. It words off all bad things. The women at the desk always ask how I would like to be addressed. I say Your Highness. A tech years ago addressed me as your highness through the entire appointment. It cracked me up.

There are a bunch of women here, including one who is reading The Hobbit. We had a lovely chat about the book vs. the movie. I am surprised the office is so busy considering it is a Saturday and New Years weekend. I guess others are in a hurry to get a mammogram before the end of the year.

The tech who did my mammogram was not too warm and fuzzy. I accidentally got my chin in one of the X-rays and she had a conniption. You would think she was paying for the X-rays herself. Probably my worse mammogram experience in my 17 years of mammograms.

I have to wait two weeks for the results so fingers crossed! I am always on edge until I get the results.

To help make the day better we went to the movies. We saw This Is Forty. I thought it was so funny. There were stupid moments but some really funny moments too. It was so much more funny than Pitch Perfect. I would have not thought that by the previews but I don't ever find vomit scenes to be funny especially when I am eating! This is Forty had one stand out and that was Melissa McCarthy. She was hysterical. Turns out she was also in a preview for a movie Identity Theft. It looks very funny.

Then we came home and watched Big Miracle, the movie about saving the whales in Alaska. It was such a moving movie. We have been on a movie kick recently. We watched Madeas Witness Protection, Ted, Cold Light of Day, and Arbitrage. Plus I watched almost the whole season of Weeds.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. My fingers are crossed with yours as you wait for the mammogram results. I had a scare a couple of years ago as well; after three months and two biopsies they decided the lump was benign. But I don't think I've ever been more frightened in my life, even as I tried to believe that all would be well.

    I love the idea of the tiara, Your Highness. What a great way to ease the ... humiliation ... of having your breasts squished!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!