Tuesday, September 4, 2012

WEIGHT

Okay, it is time to tell you all my little secret.  I guess if I tell you then it won't be my secret.  Then I will have to do something about it. I will be held accountable.  Do I want to tell you?  I don't know.  Ehhh...

I will.  I will tell you.  I made an agreement with my nutritionist to lose some weight by December.  Yes, this December. Three months from now.  I agreed to lose 7 pounds. 

Remember, I put some weight on because I have been motionless for the last 6 - 8 months due to my ankle surgery and injury.  This made it very difficult for me to perform any exercise.

Now, I am able to walk the dogs around the block.  I am trying to do it every day. I am not accomplishing it every day but I am trying.  I am also doing my PT exercises but they don't really make me break a sweat.

Since I made this agreement with my nutritionist, I have managed to put on weight!  Isn't that always the way?  The whole time I was in a cast, I barely put on a pound.  Now I have put on 4-5 pounds.  Of course the fact that my Crohn's is acting up doesn't help me at all.

I will have to tell you my ugly secret!  My weight!  No one wants to tell you their weight.  I think we would all rather tell you our SAT scores or our original hair color or what our driving record says than tell you our weight! 

My weight today: 180.1 lbs.  Yikes!

Now that my secret is out, I will have to check in with you.   I will tell you how it is going.  Maybe this will help me lose the weight.  It certainly seemed to help my sister-in-law in her weight loss challenge.  Of course she started running!  Not so sure that will happen for me.  Walking is in my future, lots of walking.  Luckily little Lucky loves to walk, walk, walk!

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I love walking. I love walking with someone, or even better, my dog. She loves sniffing everything and she has the capacity to try and go potty at least twenty times. It's nice to know I'm both getting exercise and enriching my dog's daily experience and overall daily happiness.

    She has had two knee surgeries so she can't run well and she's overweight now from all the food the children share, er, throw to her, so she can't go the distance like she used to.

    When you come to visit, we can some and if you like looking at houses under construction, you're in luck because our entire neighborhood is a total mess with construction in every direction. It's pretty cool (if you don't mind the mess.)

    Sending you not-so-hungry and full thoughts from the East Coast as I know hunger is the little evil that makes dieting so difficult. Heck, it's 9:43AM here and Chris and I are already talking about lunch...

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!