Friday, September 14, 2012

MRI NEWZ

Day 8: Today I made my daily phone call to the Authorization office at the hospital.  I got through to S this time and he said the authorization was "pending".  Movement!  I asked them what would make it move from pending to approved.  They replied that the insurance company needed to speak to my doctor.  What?!  I had my doctor call on Tuesday.  They said they needed to talk to my doctor.  I called my doctor and she said she did call them on Tuesday.  Now the insurance company wants my file to go through a peer review.  The insurance company thinks I have a cyst and I need to have a CT scan instead of a MRI.  My doctor says I don't have a cyst so a CT scan won't do anything. I need a MRI.  But if the insurance company wants to have me go through an extra test, well it is their money. 

So now I wait.  It is too late today for anything to happen so Monday is the next day to hear something.  This is so crazy! Now I won't be able to get the tests until earliest Wednesday or Thursday and it will probably not be a MRI.

Weight update: 179.7  got to walk more.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!