Thursday, September 13, 2012

MRI?? NOT YET!

We are on day seven and still no authorization for an MRI.  This is incredible!  In January I had two MRIs in less than three weeks and both authorizations took, no lie, less than one hour.  I could have had the appointment with the doctor, the authorization and the MRI all in one day.  In fact in January I had two MRIs, a CAT scan, lumbar puncture and xrays and the authorizations didn't take but a few hours.

This is starting to get a bit ridiculous.  I understand sometimes insurance companies will try to stop expensive tests but in the scheme of tests I get, an MRI is not that expensive.  I have paid for two out of pocket this year and they are not THAT expensive.  I am sure an emergency room visit and lumbar puncture is WAY more expensive!  Ankle surgery is way more expensive and they paid for that with no hitch.

FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Anyway, I am now treating this like a game.  How many people will deal with this in the authorization office at the hospital?  How many times will I call up and they tell me D is in charge of this case and she has left for the day/gone to lunch/is on break/is out today?  How many times will they pass the buck (D is out today and G is now taking care of this case but he has left for the day)?

I am also taking bets as to when the authorization will come through.  I thought the authorization would come through this Friday but now I am thinking next Tuesday. Then I won't be able to get an appointment until next Friday.  Then I will have to wait until the following Tuesday to get the results.  Then I will have to wait 3 weekends to hear if I have a bruise or a tumor. 

Keep your fingers crossed that the authorization comes through sooner than later!

Weight update: 179.5  this stress is NOT helping.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, so frustrating. I fear I would have lost my temper at people at this point. Here's hoping things turn around today with the approval/scheduling.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!