Sunday, September 16, 2012

LOSING A FRIENDSHIP

Have you ever lost a friend?  Not lost like they died but lost like the friendship ended.

Recently we had a long term friend decide to end the friendship.  We had invited him over for the holidays and he accepted.  (I am going to call him Sam.) Sam then suddenly called and said he wasn't going to be able to come and then he said "I can't tell you why because I am too angry right now."  A week went by and then we decided to call Sam and see if he would talk to us.  He didn't pick up and didn't respond.  Then a few days later he left us a note that said "Don't contact me.  Maybe I will contact you next year."

This has completely thrown us.  We have no idea what we have done to Sam. If we even did anything to him.  We both reviewed the last time we saw him and what we said.  Nothing comes to mind.

I am angry.  How dare you withdraw a long term friendship unilaterally?  Isn't a friendship two sided?  Don't we deserve an explanation? 

What do you think of this situation?  Has this happened to you?  What did you do?

Weight Update: 179.9 don't seem to be losing any weight.  Must be holding water weight from all the tea and soup.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. How sad to hear. Especially when you have no idea what's going on. I would be frustrated and probably even mad because you don't know what, when or why. It makes me sad to lose a friend. I don't mind if it's location-based or that we've drifted apart as we've grown and our lives have changed. That happens and we can remember the good times and not be upset that we have each moved on. It's part of what life is about, I suppose. But losing a friend due to a specific incident is upsetting.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!