Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Worst Night Of Sleep Ever

I don't know if it was Daylight savings Time or the cup of tea I had or the stress I am under or what but I could not sleep last night. First, I could not go to sleep. I was working and then I realized it was 12 am. I went to bed. I let out the dogs and turned on tv like every other night. Next thing I knew it was 1:30 am. I have to be up at 7:30 am. I turn off the tv and closed my eyes. Nothing.
Nothing happens. I may have dosed off for a few minutes but then I have to get up and pee. This goes on all night. Dose for a few bit then get up to pee.
This is not like me. Normally I can get up in the middle of the night and go back to bed and fall back to sleep. Oh, sometimes I have bouts of insomnia but not like last night. I usually have problems falling asleep because I am thinking too much. I can solve that by reading or putting on some boring tv show that lulls me to sleep.
Last night was different. Like I got some kind of energy shot. Maybe it was the tea. Maybe it had caffeine in it. I will check that out. I don't normally drink caffeine.  Meanwhile wish me luck keeping my eyes open and my brain in the game!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! If you don't usually drink caff, then that was likely your problem last night. And the DST change probably had its malevolent effect, too. Takes a week or so for the body-clock to readjust. Spring is always harder for me than Fall when it comes to the clock change. How about you?

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!