Saturday, December 10, 2011

Rudolph and Christmas

I am sitting here watching Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.  The other reindeer just called him names and told him he could not join in any reindeer games.  So sad.  Sweet little Clarice is so nice to him and then her bigoted father makes her walk away.

I am so glad I had most of my Christmas shopping done before this foot thing happened.  Really says something for planning ahead when you have RA.  I keep thinking I should be stressed but I am not.  I finished all my shopping for my family today. I had one Christmas gift and one birthday gift left to buy.  Finished it today.  I had the best sales person at JC Penney. She was so nice.  I was looking for something not too expensive but that looked nice.  She showed me something that was on sale and she gave me a coupon too!  I can't tell you what it was because some of my family members read this blog.  It made the shopping experience very pleasant.

I have also been working on an art project for some family members that may get sent on time for Christmas.  They weren't going to be for Christmas but if I get them done, I can send them.  When I finish them and send them I will show you a photo.  I don't want to ruin the surprise!  I have been painting and designing for some time.  I had to design the whole thing in my head first, then buy the supplies and paint them.  It has been fun!

I am thinking of baking cookies but I am not sure I have time or energy.  I figure it is something I can do sitting down.  I guess I should decorate first and buy a tree and decorate that too.  I keep thinking of all the standing that entails and I lose interest.

The Island of Misfit Toys!  My favorite place.  A Charlie in the Box, a spotted elephant. Tee hee.

Well, tomorrow the cable guy comes to fix our cable.  Another thing checked off the list of things to do!  Gonna finish watching Rudolph, Hermey, Cornelious, Clarice, and the Abominable Snowmonster.

Hope your Holiday preparations are stress-free!

1 comment:

  1. We went to go see Arthur Christmas last night. It was wonderful. If you enjoy the cartoon movies as much as I do, it is a must do. And you get to sit down while enjoying it. I say forgo the baking, downsize the tree and do whatever it takes to save your energy (spoons) for the upcoming holiday. Spending time with your loved ones is the important thing.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!