Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Power of the Tiara Works Again!

Today is a good day!  The tiara worked!  That is always a good day.  I got up early to be at the health center at 8:15 am.  I changed into the lovely top they give you and then sat down to wait for my turn.  Finally they called me (it was probably only 5 minutes but I was so anxious that it felt like forever) and in I went.  Yes, I had the tiara on my head and everyone was commenting on it.  It helped to alleviate the stress.  I got the mammogram done and went back to waiting.  Once again it seemed like forever but it was probably only 10 minutes.  Then the tech called my name and I followed her out into the hallway.  Before we get barely down the hallway she turns to me and says everything is fine and she will see me in one year.  YEAH!  The Power of the Tiara worked again!

This evening Brenda and I went out to eat to celebrate.  I think it is important to mark most occasions with fattening food!  Speaking of which I am about to have a piece of vegan chocolate cake leftover from Christmas.  It is the best chocolate cake you will ever have!  Yum!  You would never know it was vegan.

Today I went out and bought myself a new slow cooker/Crockpot.  I had one that I got about 23 years ago.  It is a small (about 3 qt) pot and it made cooking rather difficult.  I went and bought myself a new 6 qt. slow cooker.  It will make slow cooking much easier.  Can't wait to make something fantastic!

Update on my foot: I think it is feeling better.  I don't think it is my imagination.  I give it a hesitant yay!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to read that you're healthy and mammogram-free for another year! Having been through a cancer scare similar to yours, I DO understand the personal significance of this last checkup AND your faith in the power of that beautiful tiara. Makes me think I oughta get one of those!

    Wishing you and yours a fun New Year's celebration, Adrienne--and of course, a joyous, laughter-filled 2012.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!