Sunday, December 18, 2011

Busy As A Bee

This has been a very productive weekend.  Even though I still have a very painful foot and have to wear the ugly boot, I stuck it out and got some things completed.  You can see the beautiful boot to the right.  People keep asking what happened and I wish it was ski season so I could come up with some great story about coming down the slopes and wiping out.  It would be much more exciting than a Morton's Naroma.  People don't have to Google a ski accident!

This weekend I bought a Christmas tree.  I got a smaller tree than usual.  I decided that with this stupid foot thing, I needed to scale back on my decorating.  So, a smaller tree will make it easier.  My partner and I have gotten one ornament each year we have been together.  This year I decorated the tree with those ornaments and a few sparkly balls.  That is it.  I didn't drag out all those ornaments.  Then I took some silver garland and put it on the tree.  Put some lights and voila!

Then I worked on two art projects.  I finished The Project that I have been working on for weeks.  I will be mailing it tomorrow.  As soon as the person opens it I will post a photo.

The other art project I worked on is an ornament.  A few years ago I bought a sterling silver ornament that opens and holds photos.  I got the ornament engraved a few weeks ago.  Today I printed out the photos and put them in the ornament.  Santa will give it to my partner on Christmas Eve.

I am doing lots of things where I can sit down.  My foot is not feeling any better.  I thought by now I would be feeling better.  I really don't want surgery on my foot...

One good bit of news: the little dog, Lucky, is finally feeling better!  She is back on regular food.  Oh, yeah, we also had a little scare.  We were sitting watching TV and Happi began barking uncontrollably.  I went to see what she was barking at and Lucky was outside (not in the backyard!)  Lucky had sneaked out and was standing on the front stairs barking to be let in.  I was shocked because she has never been outside alone before and we always joked that if she ever got out she would take off and run away.  I guess she knows where she lives after all.  We were so happy that she didn't run away and we called Happi a hero for barking to get us to let her in.  Those dogs DO love each other!

7 Days Until Christmas


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!