Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

I am not sure if my foot is feeling better or I am getting used to the pain.  I know I said this the other day but I am still not sure.  I have not been walking on it as much so that could also be why it is not hurting as much.  So how do I judge if it is getting better?  Once I start walking around again, will it start hurting again?  I guess we will have to wait and see.  Stay tuned for the continuing drama of The Pain In My Right Foot.

I was texted that the art project arrived and tomorrow it will be opened.  I will post photos as soon as the intended have viewed it.  I am so excited.  I hope it arrived in close to one piece!

Today is Christmas Eve and I have the best neighbor.  Every year on Christmas morning since we moved in there have been freshly baked breakfast goodies on our doorstep.  It is the nicest treat.  Even on the years when we were away, our house/dog sitter called to tell us that scones appeared on the stoop on Christmas morning.  This evening our neighbor brought them over early.  They are apricot scones!  Yum!  I am so excited.  I just think it is such a treat to get baked goods for the holidays.  We reciprocate with my semi-homemade cookies.  (I might add he said he loved them and gobbled them down in one afternoon!)

I gave Brenda our Christmas Eve present.  Our yearly Christmas ornament.  She loved it.  It is a sterling silver locket engraved with Merry Christmas 2011 and all of our names with our photos inside.  It will join the rest of the yearly ornaments on the tree.

Time for me to go to sleep so Santa and all the reindeer can come drop down our chimney for a visit.  I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

1 Day Until Christmas

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your foot is feeling better! As you know, sometimes it's better not to ask questions, but simply to enjoy the decrease in pain. With luck, it means that your foot really is healing and that it will continue to do so during the next few weeks. Fingers are crossed!

    Merry Christmas, Adrienne!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!