Tuesday, December 6, 2011

100 Posts and Cable Needs A Fixin'

This is my 100th post!  When I started this adventure I wasn't sure how far it would go.  It has gone pretty well so far. I enjoy the writing and I think you all enjoy the reading.   

Today is the day I go see the doctor about my foot.  Update to follow!

CABLE, need I say more?  We have had problems with our cable for a long time.  I mean years.  Some of our channels pixelate when the wind blows or it rains or the fog blows in.  It is annoying when you want to watch Animal Planet and it doesn't come in.  Or Bravo and it pixelates so much you hear about 1/3 of the words.  Over the past three months it has gotten worse and now when you try to watch Animal Planet it doesn't even pixelate, it just gives a message that says "call your cable company".  I finally got fed up and called the cable company and got someone to hear me.  I have tried to get the outside line replaced for years.  The guy that came last week changed the cable box and the outside line but the channels still didn't come in.  No Animal Planet.  The cable guy could not check one of the inside cable outlets because I had a bookshelf in the way.  He left me with a bunch of new cable wire and I promised to move the bookshelf over the weekend.  I moved the bookshelf and changed the wire, still no channels. 

I called the cable company and the cable guy came back out.  He checked the outlet behind the bookshelf and then changed the cable box yet again.  Still no channels.  Then he ran a cable line directly from the cable connection in the garage to the box and voila! Animal Planet appeared.  So it turns out the cable outlet behind the bookshelf is the problem so I need to have a new cable outlet put in.  It isn't the best solution but it is the fastest solution.  At least my annoyance with cable will be over.  For all the money I pay each month, I want to watch all the cable channels I pay for!   Now I am waiting for the guy to arrive and finally fix the problem.  Now when I am sick and lying in bed, I will be able to watch Animal Planet or HSN or any channel I want without being annoyed that the movie I want to watch will not come in.  Yeah! 

What is your favorite channel to watch?  Mine is probably USA.  I love Psych, loved Monk, really like a lot of their shows.  I am a character.

1 comment:

  1. Law and Order and any of there shows, Closer and Resoli and Isles, ESPN (so I can get my anger out about politics...lol), Lifetime, David on QVC on Sundays, and last news both local and national. That would have driven me bonkers a long time ago and for sure I would have had to have it fixed. TV puts me to sleep at night and it is one of the first things I turn on in the early am...I am talking 3am here.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!