Saturday, December 3, 2011

Getting Ready for Christmas

Now that Thanksgiving is over and I have eaten all the leftovers, it is time to get ready for Christmas.  Last year I was creative and made all our Christmas cards.  This year I went online and made a photo card with four photos.  Sent it to Walgreens and it was ready in an hour.  Today I printed the address labels and I am ready to go.  I just have to write the notes on the cards and off they go.

I am just about done with all my shopping.  A few years ago I bought an ornament and dropped it off to get engraved.  Each year we get an ornament with our names and the date.  This ornament will have photos also.

Gift giving has been a big discussion in our family this year.  Due to economic reasons and because folks are really busy, the gift giving talk has occurred.  Should everyone buy gifts for everyone or should adults buy just for the kids?  Should there be a grab bag gift giving situation?  Should there be a dollar limit?  We have a pretty big family so if you wait until the last minute, you will get stuck at Walgreens buying Christmas presents.  I suggested being creative with gift giving.  It is not about the amount of money spent on a gift, it has to do with the thought and the energy that went into the gift.  I would be happy with a drawing from my nephew or a bracelet from my niece rather than a sweater from Ross.  I would rather have a new turkey baster (ours died) than some do-dad that I don't need.

Anyway, tomorrow is Christmas card day.  That way I can sit with my foot elevated.  Good news: my eye feels much better today.

What does your family do about Christmas gift giving? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!