Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!  It has been quite a day.  Phone calls with family, eating with friends and presents with Brenda and babies.  I am sitting here, well, more like laying here on the couch.  Like a stuffed pig... Writing this before we watch A Christmas Carol. Not the George C. Scott version but the Jim Carrey Disney version.  I have been wanting to watch it since it came out but have never gotten around to it.  It is on Netflix streaming.

My art project arrived in one piece and now I am ready to share it with you.  Last December and this November my niece and nephew were born.  On the day they were born I went to the magazine store and bought the newspaper and some magazines.  I bought Time, TV Guide, People, Wired, Sports Illustrated, Vogue, Entertainment Weekly, etc.  I bought these items so years from now my niece and nephew will be able to look back and see what was going on the week/day they were born.  I was given the Life magazine from the week I was born and I treasure it.  It is cool to look back and see the advertisements and articles from the week of my birth.

I made a treasure chest for my nephew, Greyson, and a suitcase for my niece, Reese.  I put the magazines in the cases.  


 Treasure Chest for Greyson

Treasure Chest for Greyson photo by adrienne



Inside Treasure Chest for Greyson photo by adrienne
Side Treasure Chest for Greyson photo by adrienne













Back treasure Chest for Greyson photo by adrienne
















Side Treasure Chest for Greyson photo by adrienne



































 Suit Case For Reese
 
Suit case for Reese photo by adrienne
Inside Suit case for Reese photo by adrienn




Suit case side for Reese photo by adrienne

Suit case back for Reese photo by adrienne

Suit case side for Reese photo by adrienne






























































I worked really hard on these projects.  They turned out great! 

I hope you all had a merry Christmas filled with joy and love.  I am off to watch A Christmas Carol.  Oh, we ended up playing Just Dance 3 for 1/2 hour.  Just what I needed to work off all the food I ate.  I feel less like a piggy...  You talk about a workout!  My goodness.  Once my foot heals that is my new workout.  They say dance is a great way to work off the pounds!  I will turn into a stick playing that Wii game.  Whew!

Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. I’m so glad we saved your amazing presents to the children as our last gifts to open on Christmas. I knew they’d be something special, but I had no idea how amazing they would be. When Chris was opening them up he said “Wait, there’s something inside.” The magazines and newspaper from the week and day they were born is so much more special and meaningful than a toy they’re going to grow out of in a few months.

    I know they’re going to love their special time capsule cases as they grow up. For now, they’re showcased on the dresser in their room so that everyone can see them and we can show them off. As the children get older, we’ll have to put them up a bit higher so they don’t damage them with their destructive little hands. And when they’re much older, they’re going to have the most wonderful things to look at and find out how cheap things were, or how silly the hairstyles were or what the latest technology gadgets were.

    When Chris was going through the magazines, I had tears in my eyes, knowing how special a gift this is today, and will remain with our children as they grow up. Thank you Aunt Adrienne, for without a doubt, the best Christmas presents ever!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!