Tuesday, January 10, 2017

SOUP, RAIN, WESTWORLD

If you are a frequent reader, you know that two days ago I made a delicious Black Bean soup with avocado, orange and cucumber.  Today I made another soup Wild Rice, Butternut Squash and Cannellini Stew. 


It has been raining, I mean storming, on the left coast.  Flooding, mud slides, trees falling, electricity going out, no internet and more.  I thought it would be a good time to make soup.  Lots of soup.  The Black Bean is a bit spicy to clear out a stuffed up head.  The Stew is hearty with all the ingredients above and some chard.

So far my home is holding up.  There is some water leakage but considering what others are going through, I feel lucky.  So many people are being evacuated due to flooding, even if they don't live near a river.  Others have had trees fall on their cars and houses.  I just feel incredibly lucky that nothing major has happened so far.  Just an inconvenience of no internet for the weekend but that ended up being a good thing.  I got some other things completed.  Like binge watching that weird HBO series Westworld.

Okay, Westworld.  Maybe I needed some sort of subtitles.  Or a running monologue.  I thought I was getting it in Episode 7 but then I got lost again by the season finale.  Is it just me?  Are there others out there that do not get Westworld (or WW)?  Okay, I get the premise Adult Disneyland where anything goes.  But the rest I don't get.  Maybe I am thinking too much into it.  I don't know.

Until tomorrow... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!