Monday, November 7, 2016

HOME STUDY #3 - THE FINAL CHAPTER

Today was my final home study visit.  If you have been reading my blog, you know I have been working really hard to get ready for this visit. 

It was a two hour visit. The first hour was questions about how I would parent, parenting techniques, etc.  I was asked a bunch of questions from a list about my house.  Did I put the locks on my cabinets, do I have one room per child, does the room have a closet, etc.

Then we walked around and checked that I have locks, a fire extinguisher, carbon monoxide detector, smoke alarm, etc.  She made sure the pond was filled in with sand.  Everything checked out but she forgot to tell me about the screens.  I didn't install the screens on my windows.  I have them but the lock things that hold the screens on the window broke off and I have to replace them.  I have a few weeks to put the screens on and send her a photo and she will accept it.  Meanwhile I have passed the inspection.  Yay!

It will take a few weeks (meaning the end of December) to write the home study report and then I move forward to the next step.  It will be a number of weeks of relaxation before things get going again.  So I can plan for the holidays. 

This is a happy day!  Thanks to everyone who helped me.

Don't forget to vote!!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!