Saturday, September 10, 2016

TRAINING NUMBER ONE

Today was my first foster/adoption training.  I have been going through the process to foster/adopt a child.

The training was very interesting and informative.  The first half was all about what to expect.  What school would the child go to?  What would the child call you?  Those sorts of questions.

The second half was about race, culture, gender and nationality. This was very interesting.  Brought up a lot to think about like how to keep the child's culture intact while also introducing your own traditions.  What if the child speaks another language as well as English?  How will I assist the child continuing to be bilingual if I don't speak that language?

The group was very nice and so were the instructors.  I am looking forward to the next two training's.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!