Monday, November 2, 2015

DAY SIXTY-THREE OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

DAY 63.  Yesterday was the first day of Month Three of the Happiness Project!  But first let me recap Month Two October "Get My Work House in Order". 

If you have been reading you know the play-by-play of my office move and the new guest room.  I don't need to write anymore about that! 

Let's see about the other catagories:

  • Organize office - I am about 90% done organizing the new office.  I still have to buy a shelving unit to store things.  That will help some. I also have to take a box to shredding and that will get that box out of the way.
  • Avoid time wasters - I am still working on this.  It is easy to get caught up since there is so much to accomplish in this house to get it back to it's glory.
  • Invoice in a timely fashion - this is my Achilles heel. I am months behind in invoicing and instead I am writing in my blog.  Ugh...
  • Keep time tracked - I have been better and sometimes worse.  I try to be better.  
  • Create systems - I have been working on this.  During the move I made some easier ways to keep track of things.  It is easier when you have organized and less stuff.
  • Update website, keep work house in order - Have not gotten to this and since it is near the end of the year, I may just wait to update in Dec/Jan.
  • Move office- DONE!!!!!
  • Do it Now! - I have been better about doing things now.  I have tried to stop putting things off.  Don't put the letter down to deal with later.  Don't leave your jacket on the chair, hang it up.  I have been continuing the nightly clean up and the 1 minute rule.  I have also been keeping To Do Lists so I can keep track of things that need to be done. 

November is Make it a Home! month.


The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.

The categories I will be working on for the Happiness Project are:


  • Get Rid of Things That Don’t Work
  • Use Up What I Have
  • Buy Needful Things
  • Get Rid of Awful Things
  • Hang Pictures that Make Me Smile
  • Make it My Home
  • Design a Sanctuary for Refuge
  • Let it go!




I have already been working on the picture situation.  I had four pictures framed.  A picture I hung in the kitchen, my hallway and bedroom.  I have another picture that is still being framed and that will go in my office.  I also moved pictures around and now an antique mirror was moved into the guest room.  I think things look good.  

Just going through and getting rid of stuff that is no longer needed feels good.  Buying things that I like and make me smile feels good too.  I bought kitchen towels that were so cute.  They made me smile.  Funny how something so small can make you laugh!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!