Thursday, November 19, 2015

DAY EIGHTY OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 80.  Tonight a GIANT raccoon made a hole in our lattice fence.  I have been racking my brain trying to figure out what happened.  Raccoons don't usually make holes in fences unless they are trying to get to something.  This lattice fence covers a wire fence that is covered by ivy.  The only thing on the other side of the fence is a giant tree.  I have a theory.  Lucky, the little dog, was upstairs barking like someone was trying to break in.  So I think the raccoon was upstairs on the deck and it was trying to get down and it fell.  When it fell it landed on the fence.  The lattice broke it's fall.  It is old lattice and it would have cracked if a 20 pound animal landed on it from the second floor.  I looked out the window just as the raccoon was running away.  It was massive.  Probably the same size as Happi, the big dog, but with short legs.  Happi weighs 27 pounds.  Once I put the light on it scurried away.

But maybe not.  Maybe it just wanted to tear my fence apart.  Although I can't figure out why.  Maybe the fence was so old it crumbled when that obese raccoon try to climb it.  I don't know.  All I know is that I could not let the dogs out back all night.

I can't wait until it rains and the animals get some water and food and go back to where they came from.  This wilderness thing in my backyard is getting annoying.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!