Monday, July 15, 2013

PEARS AND BOOKCLUB

Tonight was my bookclub meeting. So much happened. I left my clients early so I could finish cleaning up and making the dessert.

I decided to make a vegan dessert. I bought pears to make Maple-Pecan Baked Pears. Basically you take 4 pears and cut them in half. Brush them with lemon. Put them in a greased pan cut side up.  Combine in a bowl chopped dates, chopped pecans, maple syrup, cinnamon, and ground ginger. Mix and spoon into pears. Cover the pans and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve two halves warm with vanilla non-dairy ice cream.

The bookclub said they liked it. There were no empty plates.

There is a member in the bookclub who has a small dog. She brings her dog everywhere. Says the dog can't be left alone.  I thought I had made it clear that it would not be smart to bring her dog to my house since I have two dogs who are not used to having another dog come in their house. It is not the best time to introduce another dog into the house during bookclub. She has never brought the dog to my house.

Tonight she called to say she would be coming but would be late.  No mention of a dog.  Then she showed up and said "I hope you don't mind that I brought my dog" while she walked in.  I said "I wish you had asked when you called."  I have two semi wild dogs.  So I spent the whole night trying to keep my dogs calm.  Unfortunately Little Lucky could not stay calm so she had to go in her cage.  So, my dog had to spend the night in a cage because her dog was in he house. Then she wanted to feed her dog dinner.  Great!  That sounds like a disaster. My dogs would tear her dog up for food.  We had to sequester her dog in order to feed it.

When she left she said thank you letting me bring my dog.  Did I have a choice?

Now comes the decision. Do I want to continue? I know I keep talking about it. I am just not happy about the books and the people.  Another person who I like dropped out tonight.  That makes it less desirable.  Not sure how to make this decision. I started the bookclub so how do I leave it?

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I can't make the decision on the book club but the dog issue! Man can I affirm your feeling on that! I have had several people just pop in with their dogs. Now mind you, I have two cats. Uhhhh....did someone say mahem! I have stopped that practice and now tell anyone with a dog that they must not bring their dog to my house as I have cats. That is it. Point taken or you can't come to my house. She should get a dog sitter or stay home. That is just plain rude as far as I am concerned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you. Someone told me I was overreacting. I just don't like spending the whole meeting having to worry about and settle down my dogs. I want to enjoy the meeting too! I would never think of taking my dogs anywhere without asking people first. If I happen to stop by someone's home and they invite me in and I have a dog with me, I would carry the dog just to make sure they would not pee or get into anything. Not that my dogs pee inside but you never know what a dog will do in strange surroundings.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!