Thursday, July 25, 2013

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

I have a job where I get to meet a lot of people. Some of these people are not at their best. Recently I came in contact with someone in a domestic violence situation. It was hard to sit and listen to them explain their situation and tell me their fears. It was hard because years ago I was in a situation where I was not physically hit but mentally "hit". So I understand how difficult it is to untangle yourself from that situation. But how important it is to get out. 

I took a bit of time to talk with her about how strong she was and how she could do anything she wanted. I helped with resources and told her they would help. Restraining orders, therapy, legal assistance.  I told her when you are in it it seems too enormous but it only took one step for me. If I could get out she could do it too.  He didn't like it but that didn't matter. I found out I was stronger than I thought. 

I don't know what she will do but if she does get out it leads to one ending and I don't want to hear she was killed.  

Anyway I hope it helped in some small way.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!