Sunday, February 12, 2012

Watching the Grammys

I am sitting here watching the Grammys and thinking how talented these folks are. Just one act after another. Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift, Coldplay and the rest. I like watching the Grammys because it is like having little mini concerts in your living room. Some of the artists get on the stage with other artists; like McCartney with Joe Walsh and Diana Krall. Tonight was the Beach Boys 50th reunion and they were joined by Foster The People and Maroon Five. Interesting collaborations.

It was nice to see that Lady Gaga toned it down considering the somber weekend.

What would it be like to have that kind of talent?  To just open your mouth and be able to sing like Adele?  Or be able to skate like Dorothy Hamill?  Or write like Hemingway?  In this day and age it means losing your privacy. Paparazzi everywhere.  Not so flattering photos of you at the checkout line.  That must be so stressful.  The photographers looking for you and following you just to get a photo.  Nah, that is not for me.  I like to be able to go out on my back deck in my pajamas without taking a shower.  What a great photo that would make!  It is bad enough I see my neighbor sometimes. 

I guess being famous is not for me.  I will have to stay an anonymous blogger with no profile photo.  No paparazzi stalkers for me.  I will just sit here and wonder at the talented folks on this program.  Some of them are amazing.  Some of the music is not my taste but we all can't love it all. 

All this great music did inspire me to go get new CDs to put in my CD changer in the car.  I haven't changed the CDs in about 6 months.  I will have some new music to listen to tomorrow when I drive to a clients office.  Listen to some early music from some of these Grammy winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!