Saturday, February 18, 2012

Cheese Cake Factory Comments

Sweet Tamales
Sitting here at the Cheese Cake Factory (CCF) waiting for our appetizers. Have you ever been to the CCF? It is crazy! The lines are long (luckily there are benches to sit on) and the menu...it is a book. That menu is insane. I get lost trying to find the three vegetarian entrees! They do have quite a few veg appetizers to nosh on. My favorite is the Sweet Tamales. Yum. Tamale cakes with sauce, avocados, tomatoes, cilantro and sour cream. I am in heaven!

Then I had a big salad. Lots of veggies. Asparagus, edemame, beets, beans, cucumber and more.  Thought it would fill me up more but alas, I left hungry. I took two of the tamales home and will probably eat them later.  It seemed so filling but the stuff on top was just for show and the rest was a LOT of lettuce.  The dressing left a lot to be desired so it didn't add anything to the entree.  The stuff on top was chopped up the size of salsa so what looked so delectable ended up being a treasure hunt to get it on the fork.   I ended up eating a lot of bread and I don't usually eat the bread at all.  Note to self: Don't get the Big Salad again. I hate when something looks good and isn't satisfying. 
Big Salad
We also got some CHEESE CAKE! One lemon raspberry piece and one Oreo cookie. Can't wait to eat them later tonight. I took one bite and the cheese cake IS satisfying, especially since it was FREE!!!  We had a two free cheese cake slices gift certificate that make it taste even better! 

That was the big CCF experience today

2 comments:

  1. I love going out to eat but...CCF is only on my list for their cheesecake. Now that is where they rule :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After eating the cheese cake slices, I have to say the Raspberry White Chocolate is really good. Funny, we ordered the Raspberry Lemon and were disappointed that we got the raspberry white chocolate instead. I am now glad we got what we got. Yum. The oreo, I could give or take. It doesn't taste like an oreo. We really wanted this chocolate one but the sign on the case was mixed up and the Oreo sign was in front of the wrong cake. Next time we will get the chocolate one we wanted. Since I am lactose intolerant I can only eat a bite or two each day.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!