Thursday, February 16, 2012

Decision Made

I finally made a decision about the conference, we are not going. I want to go but I am worried about my foot and this re-occurrence of pain in my ankle. The costs for this trip keep stacking up and since I didn't buy the airline tickets early, they are quite expensive. The conference costs as well as the hotel. So, with a these considerations, we decided to postpone until next year and plan earlier. Maybe next year the conference will not be the week of Easter/spring break and will be less expensive. Cheaper as they say!

The stress has been lifted. Making this decision has been like a rock weighing me down. Now that we decided to stay home, poof, I am light as a feather. Maybe we can go visit one of my relatives who lives closeby instead. Just an overnight trip.

We have a hot tub that has been dormant since we had some construction done on our house and I would love to get it working again. We could work on that instead. I would love to soak in a hot tub. A bath is good but doesn't quite do it for me. In a hot tub I am submerged in the hot water and the air is cold. Wonderful!

I also just got a new client and the thought of traveling right now was stressing me out. I like to be available for my clients especially in the beginning. I would have had to work on the vacation most likely anyway. There, it has been decided! No vacation for now.

2 comments:

  1. Hot tub! I say put the cash into that! I think conferences can be great but who can afford them right now? And for people with chronic illness that is like asking us to Rob Peter to pay Paul.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!