Friday, February 17, 2012

Tidbits of Stuff

Have you ever had to hear bad news before someone else?  Like hearing someone passed away.  You hear it on the news and have to be the one to tell the other person.  It is never a good feeling, is it?  This past week I told my partner that both Whitney Houston and Don Cornelius passed away.  It is never fun being the barer of bad news.

It must be hard for doctors who have to give bad news to patients.  I would not want to be the doctor who has to tell a patient horrible news.  In this day and age we expect that medical science can fix almost anything.  We don't expect to hear, "there is nothing we can do." 

Not sure how I got on such a downer of a topic.  I was just thinking about someone getting bad news and off I went!  It isn't even medical bad news.



I can now say that the conference I was planning to attend was the Arthritis Summit in Washington DC.  I had been planning to attend for months but with all the medical stuff with my feet and this new client, I just decided I can't go this year.  We made a promise that next year we will go.  Maybe next year it will not be on the busiest week of the spring!   I love Washington DC in the spring but, boy, can it get hectic there.  All those school kids visiting for spring break with all those lovely Cherry Blossoms.  Hot tub action instead!!!



I started reading "How to be Sick: A Buddhist Inspired Guide for the Chronically Ill and Their Caregivers" by Toni Bernhard.  I read about it on RA Guy's book club on his blog.  I started reading it the other night and I am already on page 29 (Chapter 4).  It was a fast and easy read until I got to the Buddhist explanations.  Then I started getting confused.  A highlighter became useful.  More on that another time.  After 29 pages, I would recommend the book.  I am trying to catch up to the book club since I started late and they are on Chapter 7! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!