Sunday, February 5, 2012

Good News

I thought my plan to have my Enbrel Assist help pay for some of my huge deductible had gone awry. Until today.

This week, the day after I was in the ER, I ordered my months supply of Enbrel. Then I held my breath. Which charges will get to the Insurance-Company-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named first? The hospital or Enbrel?

The answer came today. The Enbrel charges got there first. That means I have now met that $4,000 yearly deductible (in record time) and the Enbrel Assist will pay for the cost of this months Enbrel. The whole hospital bill will go directly to the insurance company. Yay!

To top things off, the New York Giants won the Superbowl. Not my favorite team but my favorite out of the two playing. It was a fun afternoon. We had our friend's kid over and he was, very unexpectedly, a lot of fun. He was so into the game. We have decided he needs to be educated on some pop references. He doesn't know "Rocky" or "Ferris Buellers Day Off". We are going to have him over to watch them. I guess I better check the ratings on them. Since I don't have people kids, I don't worry about things like ratings on movies.

It was a fun day overall and my pinwheels were a hit!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed the superbowl :-) And yup, checking the ratings is a kind thing to do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super news about the Enbrel, Adrienne, AND that your insurance will cover the hospital charges. What a weight off your shoulders!

    And very cool that you enjoyed the Super Bowl with the kid next door so much--and that he enjoyed spending the day with you! I'm sure he'll enjoy those movies, too, assuming the ratings are reasonable. I can't recall how they were rated, but other than the boxing violence itself, Rocky was pretty clean. Heh. I'm one of the few people in America who hasn't seen FBDO. I'm gonna have to queue it up in Netflix and watch it one of these days. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!