Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Crazy Life

Lately life has been a bit hectic. One crazy thing after another.  Lots of work, writing proposals for new work, MRIs, tax prep, a friend over for dinner, neighborhood watch meeting, and I was asked to be on a board of a nonprofit.  It has been a looney few weeks.

Now this surgery thing has thrown a wrench in the works.  Brenda and I have begun making a plan already.  Since Brenda doesn't drive, we will need to make sure we have supplies for at least a week just in case I am laid up.  We do have a store that has a van that will drive you home if you spend a certain amount.  My last stay in the hospital made it clear that we need to make a plan in advance.  A plan with a lot of "what ifs".  What if I have to stay overnight?  What if I am in the hospital all day and we need someone to let the dogs out?  What if I end up being laid up for a week?  What if I need a prescription filled?  Having a plan in place in advance is the key to a stress-free time.

I bought a pair of slippers!  A super dupper pair of slippers.  A pair of Giesswein slippers.  A blue pair.  They are not stylish but they are comfy.  They are really comfortable to walk in.  I highly recommend Giesswein slippers for anyone with foot problems.  They cost a bit (although I got them on sale at Zappos) but after wearing them for three days, they are worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Love your puppies :-) Surgery? Well, let's just hope that all goes well for you. And you are so right about planning to make things easier and less stressful. Any of those grocery stores make deliveries...maybe? Just try not to overdo it after the surgery as I have learned it can set you back. Listen to what the doc(s) tell you and I am hoping you can still blog after so I know how you did. (((HUGS))) and will be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I had a quick word with the dr today and got more information about what kind of cast and how long I should expect to be bedridden. I am much better when I know all the particulars: good and challenging.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!