Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happi is Okay

For a few weeks now my big dog Happi has been acting weird. Of course you are asking: how do you tell when a dog acts weird. Well, I will tell you!



Four times in two weeks she has climbed into bed with us in the middle of the night. The funny thing is Happi HATES sleeping in our bed. She thinks humans move around too much. We move our legs around and get in her way. She wants to sleep in her bed. The little dog is the exact opposite. I have to force her out of our bed and into her bed. But that is another story..



So it has been weird that Happi has been climbing into bed with us. She has also been crying. Out of the blue she just starts crying. She also licks my hand and won't stop. She doesn't have to go outside either. I took her to the vet to see if anything is wrong with her.



The vet took all types of bodily fluids and tested them. I got the results today and Happi is A-Okay. Nothing wrong.



Now we are waiting to see what happens. The vet said I could be feeding into the situation by treating Happi like she is sick when she isn't therefore giving Happi attention for the wrong behavior. I am supposed to ignore the behavior for a week or so and see if anything changes.



The vet also said that dogs are very perceptive and hear, smell and taste things that we can't. He asked he if I have been sick. (Ha! When aren't I sick lately?!) Maybe Happi is sensing something. Then my friend said the same thing. Is Happi sensing that I am sick and she is trying to warn me? Now I am all creeped out!








2 comments:

  1. OK this might even creep you out further. Animals are known to see ghosts or spirits so to say. Perhaps Happi is seeing one around you guys for some reason. Told you it might creep you out further. But do know that we all have guardian angels (well I believe so anyway) and maybe Happi is seeing your guardian angel. They can come around for good reasons too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not freaked out. I think spirits are a good thing. Maybe it is trying to tell me something? My baby Happi is always looking out for me.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!