Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Posted on Food Network Website!

I am so excited!  My post about the Food Challenge was posted on the Food Network website!  Wow!  Okay, so all the bloggers who posted blogs about the Food Challenge were posted on the Food Network website but it is still exciting.  You Don't Look Sick-Living With RA is BIG!  Like Bobby Flay big. Like Rachel Ray big.  Okay, maybe I am getting ahead of myself.  But I am excited.  This week is the eat grain week.

Last night I made a great quinoa recipe.  It is super easy.  One of those throw together when you don't really feel like cooking recipes.  It included all those things I usually have laying around.  Quinoa, black beans, and corn. I was supposed to add cilantro but didn't have it and I survived.  What?! You don't know what quinoa is?  Quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) is an amino acid-rich (protein) seed that has a fluffy, creamy, slightly crunchy texture and a somewhat nutty flavor when cooked. Most commonly considered a grain, quinoa is actually a relative of the grass family like spinach, Swiss chard, beets and tumbleweeds. It is a recently rediscovered ancient "grain" once considered "the gold of the Incas." You can use it instead of rice as a side dish.

Then I made a lima bean side dish that is one of my favorites.  Savory Lemon Limas, another quick dish that you probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen, that is if you like Lima Beans.  I love me a lima bean. 

Tonight I am thinking Tofu Parmesan sandwiches.  That is if I get to the store to buy bread.  I have plenty of leftover quinoa to have on the side to fulfill my grain challenge.

Report on my foot: It feels better!  I am a little anxious to admit it.  I feel like I am going to jinx it.  I have not been outside much, cause I work from home most days, so I have not been able to test it.  I am going to go out today with the boot and see how it goes.  Today is Tuesday and I have not been outside since Saturday.  Well, I have been outside just not in the car and doing errands, that type of outside.  I have been out on the deck and taking my dogs out back.  I have seen sunshine.  I am not a vampire or anything.  Not that there is anything wrong with being a vampire... to each his/her own.  Live and let live.  I do not want to upset the vampire population. 

Anyway, the foot is better!  Yay!  Now I have to go buy shoes and sneakers that are good to wear with my messed up feet.  Merrills I hear are good and look pretty decent, not like nurse shoes.  Any other ideas, please chime in.  I know I asked this before but any other ideas are always welcome!

Here are the other blog posts for last week's Breakfast Healthy Every Week Challenge.  You can get some ideas of healthy things to eat for breakfast.  Check out the Creamy Chevre, Pistachio and Fig Breakfast Sandwich, sounds decadent!

Picky Eater Blog: Chocolate Brownie Oatmeal
Family Fresh Cooking: Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
Healthy Eating Starts at Home: Eating Breakfast Daily
Carlene’s Figments: Bits of Nutrition: Eat Breakfast Daily and Avoid Common Excuses
Simple Food, Healthy Life: Week 1 Comes to a Close + Healthy Breakfast Recipes
JBR Nutrition: Be a Breakfast Eater
Ramblings of a Pittsburgh Dad: Healthy Every Week Challenge, Week 1
Meghan’s Kitchen: Ham and Cheddar Hash-brown Bake
Don’t Be (Too) Timid and Squeamish: Maple Macadamia Nut Butter and Back to School Oatmeal
Eat. Enjoy. Live: Healthy Every Week Challenge Week 1 + a Recipe for Oat-y Pancakes
City Life Eats: Breakfast Bias
Boys ‘n’ Berry: Week 1: Oatmeal
Netlycka’s Distracting Confusion: Eat Breakfast Every Day
You Don’t Look Sick: Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis: First Week of Healthy Breakfasts
Deep Thoughts and Amusing Musings: Food Network’s January Challenge
Healthy Kitschy Vegan: Guess What I Ate Last Night? Peanut Butter and Banana Oat Bran Mess
An Uneducated Palate: Creamy Chevre, Pistachio and Fig Breakfast Sandwich
Healthy Plates: Avocado Egg Sandwich
Essentials of Nutrition: The Most Important Meal of the Day
Pursuit of Healthiness: Healthy Every Week Challenge, Breakfast Edition
Chick Bike: January Challenge, Week 1
Nutritious Daily: Breakfast Every Day
Cookin’ in my Kitchen: No-Butter Baked Apples
Hungry Jenny: Breakfast All the Way + an Easy Granola Recipe

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! I love the food network and watch them religiously on tv. Indeed you are now famous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb! I am just so excited! I just love the food channels and the foodie shows too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being listed on Food Network! I've been wearing Merrell shoes for years. I'd definitely recommend them. I don't think I've worn anything other than my Merrels since summer was over, love'em!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!