Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Found: One IPAD

Healthy Food Challenge: I ate oatmeal with sliced apples for breakfast.  Delicious! 

 The other day my partner found an Ipad.  Yup, just found an Ipad.  She was walking down the street and on top of a garbage can there was an Ipad.  No one was around and she looked.  It was a really busy intersection that usually had many people walking by.  She picked the Ipad up and turned it on.  It came on and had information on it.  She brought it home.

We had a discussion about what to do with it.  I immediately said we should contact the person and let them know we have his Ipad.  So, we poked around on the Ipad and found the person's email address.  I sent him an email telling him that we found his Ipad.  Then we discussed what to do if the person didn't get back to us.  Do we a) take it to the police department or b) keep it?  I thought we should take it to the police department and make sure it wasn't stolen.  I have been told that if you turn something into the police and it isn't claimed, 30 days later it is returned to you.  It became a bigger discussion the longer it took the person to contact us.  Was the person robbed?  Do he just not have internet access and couldn't check email?  Did he know he dropped it?  Should we trust the police if we turn it over to them?  Should we take our neighbor up on his $200 offer for it if the person didn't contact us?

Well, it all became moot last night at 11pm when the phone rang and the person called to say he was over the moon that we found his Ipad.  He had no internet access until last night and called the minute he got our email.   Tomorrow he and Brenda will meet to exchange the Ipad. 

All this Ipad talk has me thinking about buying a tablet.  I will confess that I road tested his Ipad while it was in our possession.  I didn't send emails or anything.  I just tried typing and checked out the applications.  To be honest, I told him that I had to go into his Ipad to figure out how to contact him because it didn't have his name and phone number anywhere like a phone does. He said as long as he got the Ipad back he didn't care if I poked around on it. 

Well, that made this new year quite exciting!  So, what would you do if you found an Ipad and no one was around? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!